Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about Jehovah's Witness followers, and being lukewarm.

A couple of women came to my house the other day.  They were very nice.  They told me that Jesus loves me, and that all of my loved ones would live here on Earth with me, and wasn't that wonderful?  I nodded my head and smiled a lot, accepted their tract, but not their request to come back. 

I don't want to talk to them, and their religion is completely unbiblical.  But here's the thing.  They are living what they believe.  They are living their life with conviction, declaring the truth of their belief.  What did you do last Friday?  Did you spend the day proselytizing something that matters to you, or did you spend the day as I did, on selfish pursuits?

In the book of Revelation, Yeshua calls his church of this age "lukewarm."  He says he will spew them out of his mouth.

Have you ever tried to drink lukewarm water?  It's pretty nasty, and can make you vomit.  Today's Christian is completely lukewarm.  Today's church teaches people to be lukewarm.  Never offend, never speak out.  Be tolerant toward other lifestyles. 

I think that's why I'm making this blog.  I don't want to be lukewarm.  I don't care about being wrong, or beautiful, smart or rich. Ok...maybe a little richer.  ;)  What I care about is being a good and faithful servant. 

I'm going to start acting like a Jehovah's Witness.  Don't worry...I'm not likely to knock on any doors.  I am going to start talking to people about the truth.  I already have started.  Sometimes, it costs me friends. Sometimes, it makes me look crazy.  Sometimes, it makes me realize how deceived and sad the world really is, and that even those I hold in high esteem are willing to believe a lie over the truth.  Me, I'll take the truth.  It is sweet in my mouth, though it is often bitter in my stomach.

Shalom



Revelation 3:15-17

King James Version (KJV)
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

No comments:

Post a Comment